Most Americans will experience a dental emergency of some sort in their lifetime. Finding a reputable emergency dentist ahead of time can dramatically reduce the stress and anxiety associated with a pressing dental issue.
Dental emergencies can come out of nowhere, at any time of the day or night. However, they don’t have to be scary or even stressful when you have a trusted emergency dentist in Travelers Rest, SC.
The compassionate and very gentle team at Carolina Oaks Dental Care delivers quick, comprehensive, and stress-free emergency dental care. We will work with you to get you in the office to see our dentist quickly so you can get on with life.
Emergency Dentistry Prevents Further Damage
A lot of people will try to suffer silently until they can get a regular appointment to see their dentist. The Carolina Oaks Dental Care team wants to see you right away so you don’t have to experience continued pain. Also, some dental emergencies can quickly become serious health issues if they aren’t treated immediately.
Prompt and thorough dental emergency care can actually save your tooth, prevent other issues, provide instant pain relief, and even save you money in the long run. If you have a dental emergency, call us immediately at (864) 836-8416. We’ll work with you to get you the treatment you need.
Which Injuries Are Dental Emergencies?
An accident or injury can have you searching for a trusted dentist in Travelers Rest, SC or the ER. Not sure where to go first? Here’s a list of common dental emergencies and what to do when you have them:
- Broken or Chipped Tooth/Teeth- Teeth can very easily become chipped or broken. When they do, the sensitive areas of the tooth become vulnerable and exposed to infections or decay.
- No Pain- Most likely the crack isn’t deep enough to expose nerves or inner tissue. Call your trusted dentist in Travelers Rest, SC for an appointment. They can help you assess the situation to see if you need immediate care or can wait to see the dentist in a day or so. Avoid hard to eat foods and hard candies.
- Painful Crack in Tooth- Immediately call your dentist. Your inner tissue and nerves are likely exposed.
- Missing or Lost Tooth- Call your dentist right away, this is definitely an emergency. A missing tooth can leave a dangerous gap in your smile and lead to decay or damage of surrounding teeth. If the tooth has been knocked out, follow these steps while you prepare to see your dentist:
- Do not touch the root. Carefully carry the tooth only by touching the crown otherwise you may make reattachment impossible. The root has very important dental tissue that can be damaged when touched.
- Rinse, Don’t Scrub- Carefully and gently rinse your tooth in water but do not scrub, this could also damage the root tissue.
- Keep Tooth Moist- If you can, safely place the tooth back in the socket while you head to the dentist. If that isn’t possible, place the tooth in sterile gauze, in milk or your own saliva.
- Loose or Missing Crowns or Fillings- It isn’t uncommon for a crown or filling to become loose. However, you will still want to get it fixed as soon as possible. Consult your dentist as soon as possible to evaluate the situation. If your crown has any fragments of the tooth attached to it, your dentist will want to see you immediately. Meanwhile, be sure to:
- Avoid Sticky, Hard, or Tough Foods
- Carefully Cleanse Your Mouth with Warm Water
- Keep the Crown Dry, Clean, and in a Safe Place
- Punctures and/or Cuts to the Face or Mouth- Any cut to the facial area, mouth, tongue, or jaw can be a serious emergency. You cannot wait to seek help. You may even need to go directly to the Emergency Room. Call your dentist and as you prepare to seek emergency care:
- Very Gently Rinse Out Your Mouth with Warm Water
- For Tongue Injuries, Add Pressure. Carefully use sterile gauze to apply proper pressure to the area.
- Do Not Take Aspirin. It decreases the body’s blood clotting abilities.
- Go Straight to Your Emergency Dentist or to the Emergency Room.
Other dental emergencies can include a severe toothache, dry sockets, or swollen gums. All of these issues can be a sign of more serious problems or cause future damage to your dental health.
They are happy and have the brightest smile
“I was very impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone was. I love the location, its very convenient to where I work so making it very easy to visit during my lunch hour. Just a great experience, would definitely recommend”
“After moving around the country the last few years I am embarrassed to admit making time for dentist appointments was not a high priority. I went in for a check up and cleaning today and they made me feel very comfortable and welcome. My cleaning was more than a bit over due and I was expecting
to be very sore after. Just the opposite, she was very gentle and understating of my procrastination. I made my next appointments with no hesitation. Pleasant experience and that says a lot when it refers to a dentist appointment”
“Couldn’t be happier! The staff are so friendly and personable; appointments are quick yet thorough. The best service I’ve ever received at a dentist office.”
“The staff is wonderful and extremely helpful!!! I did not hesitate to refer my family and friends.”
“Great dentist office in awesome location…staff is extremely nice, professional, and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this office to anyone looking for a new dentist.”
“I am so happy I decided to pick Carolina Oaks as my new Dentist! They are so friendly. If you need a new dentist, go here! You won’t regret it!”
Protect & Perfect Your Teeth with Dental Implants
Dental emergencies in Travelers Rest, SC are very common but can seem frightening when you are dealing with them. Stay calm and call the dependable and caring team at Carolina Oaks Dental Care. We work with you to get you into our offices at the earliest possible time. Our caring and experienced dental team will make sure you are comfortable during any procedure. Don’t suffer in silence or wait for a more convenient time, call us today at (864) 836-8416. We are here to ease your pain and get your teeth healthy and strong again.
The Carolina Oaks Travelers Rest, SC location is on South Main Street between Leopard Forest Coffeehouse and Martha’s Hardware
23 South Main Street
Travelers Rest, SC 29690
Phone : (864) 836-8416
Email : CarolinaOaksTR@nullgmail.com
Monday – Thursday
8:30am – 1:00pm
2:00pm – 5:00pm