Sometimes teeth need a little extra help to stay strong and healthy, but don’t worry, we have you covered.
The friendly and experienced team at Carolina Oaks Dental Care provides dependable dental crown services in Travelers Rest, SC. We take the time to completely examine your teeth and discuss all of your options with you.
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown covers the tooth to protect it from further damage or prevent it from breaking or cracking. It adds structural integrity to a cracked or broken tooth while sealing it from disease and decay.
Why Do I Need a Dental Crown?
Your Travelers Rest, SC dentist may recommend you need a crown for multiple reasons.
- Large Fillings- If you have an existing filling that has begun to break down, crack, or decay, a crown can be used to repair and restore your tooth.
- Damaged Teeth- When you have a cracked or chipped tooth, a crown will serve as both protection and cosmetic improvement.
- Teeth With Large Cavities- A cavity may be too large for a filling to be retained in the tooth. In this case, a crown is used to cover and protect the tooth from breaking.
- Preserve Teeth After a Root Canal- If you have a dental procedure, such as a root canal, your dentist will need to provide a crown to keep the tooth intact. During some procedures, the strength and foundation of a tooth can become compromised, and a crown will reinforce the tooth and keep it functional for years to come.
- Hold Dental Bridges in Place- Crowns are also a very important part of a dental design called bridges. These are used to replace a missing tooth.
How Are Dental Crowns Made?
Dental crowns are simple procedures that are very commonly used to keep teeth healthy. The entire process usually takes two appointments.
In the first appointment, your dentist will prepare the tooth for the crown. Impressions of the prepared tooth, as well as the surrounding teeth, will be made and then sent to a lab, where the crown will be fabricated. You will then return for a second appointment, where the doctor will carefully fit and install the custom-made crown. The professional and gentle staff at Carolina Oaks Dental Care will make sure the crown fits you perfectly so that you walk away with a more comfortable and confident smile.
What Types of Crowns Are Available?
There are many different materials that can be used to make a crown for your tooth. Each different type of crown has different benefits.
Here are a few of the more common crowns used today:
- Metal- Metal crowns have been used in dentistry for many years,and are extremely strong.
- Ceramic and Porcelain- Of all the crowns, ceramic and porcelain made crowns are the most natural looking. They have the same translucent look of natural teeth.
What Type of Crown is the Best For Me?
Every person is different with unique dental needs and preferences. At Carolina Oaks Dental Care, we believe in focusing on the comfort and health of our patients. As you go through the process, Dr. Hamrick will help you decide the best type of crown for you. He will examine your tooth and consider your personal preferences as we work with you to create the perfect solution for you.
They are happy and have the brightest smile
“I was very impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone was. I love the location, its very convenient to where I work so making it very easy to visit during my lunch hour. Just a great experience, would definitely recommend”
“After moving around the country the last few years I am embarrassed to admit making time for dentist appointments was not a high priority. I went in for a check up and cleaning today and they made me feel very comfortable and welcome. My cleaning was more than a bit over due and I was expecting
to be very sore after. Just the opposite, she was very gentle and understating of my procrastination. I made my next appointments with no hesitation. Pleasant experience and that says a lot when it refers to a dentist appointment”
“Couldn’t be happier! The staff are so friendly and personable; appointments are quick yet thorough. The best service I’ve ever received at a dentist office.”
“The staff is wonderful and extremely helpful!!! I did not hesitate to refer my family and friends.”
“Great dentist office in awesome location…staff is extremely nice, professional, and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this office to anyone looking for a new dentist.”
“I am so happy I decided to pick Carolina Oaks as my new Dentist! They are so friendly. If you need a new dentist, go here! You won’t regret it!”
Crowns Create Beautiful Smiles
Many dental patients will someday find themselves in need of a dental crown. These permanent fixtures help protect, strengthen, and correct flawed, damaged, or decayed teeth. There are many options for dental crowns, depending on your dental issue and preferences. If you are having any issues with a damaged or sore tooth, call our friendly staff at (864) 836-8416, we’ll get your smile back on track!
The Carolina Oaks Travelers Rest, SC location is on South Main Street between Leopard Forest Coffeehouse and Martha’s Hardware
23 South Main Street
Travelers Rest, SC 29690
Phone : (864) 836-8416
Email : CarolinaOaksTR@nullgmail.com
Monday – Thursday
8:30am – 1:00pm
2:00pm – 5:00pm