Need a dental implant, a wisdom tooth removed, looking for root canal therapy? Maybe you have TMJ. Trust our team of skilled oral surgeons on staff who can help you with any of these dental procedures.
What Is Oral Surgery?
Oral surgery covers a wide range of dental procedures and dental care. In fact, oral surgery covers any dental procedure, accompanying treatment, and diagnosis of anything that relates to the functions of the face, jaws, teeth, and/or mouth. Some oral surgical procedures include:
- Tooth Extractions
- Endodontic Diseases
- TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorders)
- Dental Implants
- Loss of Teeth
- Wisdom Teeth Extractions
- Unequal or Uneven Jaw Growth (Malocclusion)
- Injury to Teeth
- Jaw Injuries
- Injuries to the Mouth
- Cleft Palate and/or Cleft Lip Repairs
- Secondary Treatments, Known As Adjunctive Procedures
- Bone Grafting
- Cysts or Tumors
- Restorations of Teeth
- Repairs to Teeth
Common Oral Surgery Procedures
For many patients, once they realize how commonplace these procedures are, they begin to feel reassured about their own oral surgery appointment. Here are just a few of the most common oral surgeries.
- TMJ- An oral surgical procedure helps treat TMJ or temporomandibular joint disorders. When the temporomandibular joint isn’t in sync with the rest of the jaw, it will make talking, chewing, and swallowing painful and difficult. While most dentists can diagnose the disorder, the caring staff at Carolina Oaks Dental Care can treat your TMJ with gentle and thorough care.
- Tooth Extractions– By far one of the most routine oral surgery procedures, tooth extractions are most often associated with wisdom tooth removal. However, there are many instances where a tooth may need to be removed. Sometimes teeth can become impacted or stuck in the gums and will need to be removed. Other times teeth might become decayed or damaged and must be removed to save other teeth from further damage. All of these instances require tooth extraction which is a simple procedure done by your trusted dentist in Travelers Rest, SC.
- Tooth Restoration or Replacement- Since a missing or damaged tooth can cause serious dental and physical health issues, it will need to be replaced or restored. Bridges and dental implants will help restore the natural look, feel, and structure of your teeth.
Sedation Options with Experienced Training
We want you to feel relaxed and confident during any procedure. Our experienced doctors and staff offer personalized sedation options for each patient. We work with you to design a sedation plan for each appointment so you will always have a pleasant experience.
Comfortable Care and a Knowledgeable Staff
At Carolina Dental Care, we value your comfort and dental health. To keep you feeling relaxed and at home, we provide all oral surgical procedures in the comfort of our office, so you won’t have to go searching for a specialist. We treat you here with the staff you know and trust, in a convenient location.
For your comfort, we provide specialized care in a spa-like setting, so you can actually relax while we perfect your smile. Our examination rooms have TVs on the ceiling to help you sit back and enjoy some entertainment during your procedure.
For trusted oral surgery in Travelers Rest, SC, look no further than the team at Carolina Oaks Dental Care. From our receptionist to our dental assistants to our doctors, every member of our staff works to create a personal relationship with each patient. We want you to feel comfortable and confident during every appointment. Our doctors take the time to discuss your dental concerns with you and will work with you to create the perfect dental care plan for you.